If you are a family member or friend of someone who may need help, and are not exactly sure how to discuss with them the idea of getting help for their particular mental health issue, you should consider the following approaches:
- Explain to the person your reason for concern in a caring manner while staying calm.
- Offer options. If the person does not want help today, ask if they would like to go next week or next month.
- Be available to help support them. Offer to take them for their free and confidential assessment or ask if they would like you to be present during the assessment.
- Offer alternatives to our services. If the person is not interested in our services, maybe there is another environment where they would feel more comfortable initially.
- If none of the above is an option at this time, consider joining a support group locally in Harlingen, TX or the surrounding region, of family members who work to support the loved ones in their lives struggling with mental health challenges.
At Palms, we strive to provide an open, friendly and helpful atmosphere for our patients located throughout Texas and the surrounding regions. Our goal is to treat each patient according to their specific needs, and tailor a plan to help them achieve success for their mental or behavioral health challenges. We strongly believe that success is always possible with Palms Behavioral Health.