Acute Psychiatric Inpatient Program
Palms Behavioral Health’s acute psychiatric inpatient program is designed to effectively treat adolescents (12+), adults, and seniors suffering from acute behavioral and mental health problems. These problems can often escalate to a crisis situation requiring short-term inpatient hospitalization in a structured program. We provide assessment, diagnosis, and rapid stabilization of acute psychiatric issues with referrals to less intensive levels of follow-up care and support. This program is designed for individuals who are exhibiting one or more of the following:
- Significant risk of suicide or self-harm
- Assaultive behavior toward family or others
- Extreme depression or anxiety
- Psychotic or extreme behaviors
- Extreme anger and explosiveness
- Serious impairment in their ability to tend to daily activities.
Our goal is to help our clients improve their clinical status, regain their quality of life, and return to daily activities in their homes, workplaces, and communities. Our certified mental health professionals provide a warm and comfortable environment for everyone. Family involvement is a large part of the recovery process, and we do everything possible to help facilitate this.
Inpatient Service Highlights:
- Structured, therapeutic environment
- Intensive physician involvement and oversight
- Physician-led, multidisciplinary treatment team
- Individual, group, and family therapy
- Educational classes addressing psychiatric disorders
- Recreational therapy
- Schooling on site (when applicable)
- Coordination and discharge planning with outpatient services, community providers, outside agencies, and family members
If you or a loved one is experiencing an acute psychiatric issue, please contact us at 956-365-2600. A clinician will speak with you to determine the best next step. Same-day assessments are available 24/7.